We wanted a cheap alternative to the clock that every one has. When we found this tutorial there was no way we couldn’t share! Continue below to learn how to make a clock!
We pulled the step by step instructions from Youtube. The video is at the bottom if you would like to see the clock put together.
What You’ll Need:
- Popsicle Sticks (about 44)
- Clock Components
- Yarn or Twine
- Milk Jug Cap or another small cap that will fit the hole at the center
- Small CD (optional)
Now that you have all of your supplies! Let’s get started!
1. Measure two holes on the stick: the first hole needs to be 5mm from the end. The second one needs to be 20mm from the other end.
2. Then use that stick as a guide to drill holes in all of your Lolly pop sticks.
Once you’re done, you’re ready to put your clock together!
3. String 1 popsicle stick, then 2 beads and another popsicle stick. Continue this until you can make a small circle (that fits your milk jug cap) with the bottom of the popsicle sticks
4. Once you have enough to make a circle around your cap, string the bottoms of the popsicle sticks
5. When connecting both ends together, you want to have 2 popsicle sticks back to back to tie off your string. Loop the string through both of the end popsicle sticks
6. Pull the strings to remove any extra space
7. Double knot the string ends to keep your clock securely together, starting with the bottom
Then secure the top..
8. Drill a hole in your milk jug cap
9. Hot Glue it into the center of your Popsicle sticks
10. Optional: Hot Glue a CD onto the back to help keep the clock secure. Make sure if it has anything on it that the shiny side is pointing outward
11. Install your clock components
12. Add your hands
13. Add your battery and set the time
And this is the completed project:
If you’d like to see the full tutorial, check the video out here: